Thursday, February 27, 2014

FAITH EVANS Spill the Tea About Not Wanting To Be Apart of R&B Divas show

Fans may miss seeing Faith Evans on “R&B Divas: Atlanta,” but the former Bad Boy artist said if she had had her way, she never would have been on the series in the first place.

“I never wanted to be a cast member so much. My friend Nicci Gilbert, who was the real, original creator of ‘R&B Divas,’ came to me with this idea when I was actually in the process of doing another reality-type show,” Faith told wiseandfoolishTV.

After talking to TVOne executives about the series, Faith said she was persuaded to join the cast. She was told: “You gotta be in it ‘cause we got to sell the show.”

Faith went along thinking the concept of the show would be an uplifting one.

“The original goal of us being positive and showing that we can come together, which the first season very much reflected,” she said. However, things seemingly went left when the production company decided to insert more drama into the series, Faith said.

“The person we went into business with on the production side kinda started to feel like it was their thing… I just felt like this isn’t what I signed up for. Once our creative input wasn’t being acknowledged or respected, I knew it was time to go,” said Faith who exited the show along with Nicci.

Since the first season of the Atlanta series, the show has spawned a spin-off, set in L.A. “I wish them many more successful seasons, spin-offs and all that,” said Faith who’s still credited with helping create the franchise. However, she reiterated that she’s no longer contributing creatively.

“My hands are not in there creatively, but I get my credit and I get my check,” she said.

Well there you have it, keep cashing them checks boo ....

No comments:

Post a Comment