Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit on Doctors Involved in Mom's Death!

Yesterday Melissa Rivers formally filed the paperwork to sue the Yorkville Endoscopy Center as well as Joan Rivers’s personal physician, Dr. Gwen Korovin, who’s pictured in two photos in the gallery after the break.

Melissa released a statement, according to People, alleging:

What ultimately guided me was my unwavering belief that no family should ever have to go through what my mother, [my son] Cooper and I have been through. The level of medical mismanagement, incompetency, disrespect, and outrageous behavior is shocking and frankly, almost incomprehensible.
“Not only did my mother deserve better, every patient deserves better. It is my goal to make sure that this kind of horrific medical treatment never happens to anyone again.”

TMZ reports that Dr. Korovin is being sued because she shouldn’t have even been allowed in the room, since she wasn’t on staff at the clinic. The suit also alleges that another doctor took pictures of Joan while she was unconscious with Dr. Korovin in the pictures as well. OMG. As Melissa’s attorney said:

Had doctors acted as physicians for Joan Rivers instead of groupies, Joan Rivers would have been doing ‘Fashion Police’ last week.”

That is what’s truly sad about this whole affair. The clinic reportedly will lose its accreditation at the end of the month. None of this will bring Joan back, but I hope this helps give Melissa some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment