Thursday, December 12, 2013

Toni Braxton & Babyface Covers Uptown Magazine

Toni Braxton and Babyface has been making beautiful music together since the early 90′s. Braxton’s self-titled debut album set the standard for how R&B was to sound throughout the decade. The man behind her signature sultry vocals is the legendary Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, who without a doubt has played a majoy part in shaping R&B music in the last twenty years. After a bad split over her record contract music insiders wondered if this dynamic duo would have reunite again. Well, our prayer have been answered and hot off the heels of their successful single “Hurt You” comes the release of their new cd “Love, Marriage & Divorce” which is filled with signature sound that has made them so endearing through the years. 

Check these excerpts from the issue down below.

Babyface on working with Toni now:

W0rking with Toni is a little different that working with her years ago, because now, we’re dealing with a grown-up Toni who certainly has her own opinion in how she thinks things should be. So we went through a lot of compromises putting this album together.

”Toni Braxton on depresssion

I wasn’t suicidal. I’ve got my kids to live for, but I was in a hopeless stage in my life.

” Toni Braxton on quitting the music business:” I was in a small place in my life and I was going to retire. It’s not even a question. I said ‘I’m tired of fighting.’ I was feeling sorry for myself. I was depressed over where my career was going. I was also down with my health.”


No comments:

Post a Comment