Friday, May 23, 2014

Angela Bassett Set To Direct Whitney Houston Film For Lifetime

I'm kind of happy to hear the news today that Angela Bassett has signed on to direct a television movie about Whitney Houston and her relationship with Bobby Brown for Lifetime. The film, tentatively titledWhitney Houston, will span from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity, to their courtship and tumultuous marriage. 

Bassett, who co-starred with Houston in the 1995 film Waiting to Exhale, promises to avoid sensationalizing the late pop icon's tragic life. “I have such regard for both Whitney’s and Bobby’s amazing talents and accomplishments; and I feel a responsibility in the telling of their story,” said Bassett in a press release. “Their humanity and bond fascinates us all. I’m beyond excited to have this opportunity to go behind the camera and into their world.”

I hope this will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment